An owner’s title insurance policy is the best way to make sure your property rights are safe and secure. What can an owner’s policy protect you from? We’re glad you asked.
Here is just a partial list:
- False impersonation of the true owner or the property
- Forged deeds, releases or wills
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
- Instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney
- Mistakes in recording legal documents
- Misinterpretations of wills
- Issues with the deed of your property
- Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income or gift taxes
Have more questions? We love talking about title and everything you need to know when it comes to your closing, but we also wanted to provide you with the following materials to educate you about title and what to expect during the settlement process.